The provides contact information for each tribe's .helps Indian tribes protect resources and traditions important to them. The program funds for federally recognized Indian tribes to help them with cultural and historic preservation projects.
The program also funds , who:
- Inventory tribal historic properties
- Prepare and carry out a tribal-wide historic preservation plan
- Assist federal agencies with reviewing projects on tribal lands
When a federal agency reviews a project on tribal land, it must consult:
- The Tribal Historic Preservation Officer (for ), or
- A designated representative (for tribes that are not federally recognized).
Federal agencies also must consult with Indian tribes that attach religious and cultural importance to historic properties. It doesn't matter where the properties are located.
- Requires federal agencies and museums to inventory and identify Native American human remains and cultural items in their collections
- Requires federal agencies and museums to consult with federally recognized Indian tribes on the return of those objects
- Authorizes to document and return human remains and cultural objects to their native people
As part of its archeology program, the protects historic sites and shares the past with visitors.
The federal assists tribes with critical issues. The nonprofit also helps with this effort.
Other Cultural Resources
- Find related to American Indian and Alaska Native populations.
- Learn how the Census works with .
- Explore the diversity of the Native people of the Americas at the .
- See a list of important .
- Read .
- Find out how members of Native American tribes can for ceremonies.
- Explore .
- Learn about .
- Read from the late 19th through the early 20th centuries.
You may also locate your or call 1-800-569-4287 to locate the agency nearest you.
Native American Housing Programs
- - administers housing and community development programs to ensure that safe, decent, and affordable housing is available to Native American families.
- - provide financial help for Indian tribes to develop affordable housing and to provide housing activities on a reservation or Indian area. Guidebooks available.
- - provides home repair, renovation, replacement, and new housing grants.
- - Funding resources from Federal, tribal and state agencies for tribal green building.
Do you have a question?
Kết quả xổ số minh ngọc hôm nay Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Kết quả xổ số minh ngọc hôm nayLast Updated: July 10, 2019